I work with adults of all ages and backgrounds and with young people who are mature enough to benefit from talking therapy (this depends very much on the individual and will be assessed at initial contact).
I am very experienced in dealing with complex issues and have a particular interest in working with people who have always felt they are fundamentally different to others, even if they are not sure quite how. Some of the issues I work with include:
- Asperger Syndrome/ASD and communication needs in neurodiverse relationships (specialist coaching available)
- sexual and gender identity
- social and cultural alienation
- spirituality and faith
- lack of meaning or purpose in life
- studying, workplace and career difficulties
I also have extensive experience with many common issues such as anxiety and anxiety related behaviours, depression, low self-esteem, lack of confidence, anger problems, reactions to traumatic events, difficulties with interpersonal relationships and adjusting to loss or life changes. Some difficulties are not easy to put into words and do not have an obvious ‘label’, in which case I help people clarify their concerns before discussing how we might address them.